Super quick…shouldn’t be writing…need to finish grad school paper (among other things)…only giving self 5 minutes to write…only a short list of the current things on my mind…sooo here it goes:
1. I knew I could never keep up with writing a blog.
2. Grad school sucks…as does procrastination–suck it blog you are adding to my troubles
3. My apartment building owes me money…sort of. My car got towed from our lot because there is never any dang parking. I came home very late on Friday…it was dark, cold, scary outside, I had the flu, I was tired, and someone just tried to break in to my apartment last week…you gotta be crazy to think I am parking 3 blocks away and walking. Thus, it was a sad day, but I was forced to park (illegally and what a bad karma deed this was) in…handicap–don’t judge me monkey. Okay, that sounds horrible, I know. However, hear me out–these spots sit open all day and night because there is a limited handicap population at my complex (and by limited, I mean none) and there are never any spots because people park here to go to the bars even when they don’t live here, thus people (like me) who are paying out of the wazoo to live at this overpriced resort get to park in Egypt and walk to our apartments…hence: flu, apartment break in, dark and scary night setting= Meredith pulling a dirty move and snagging a handicap space. Bite me universe, you really made me pay for that one…$230 to be exact. Thus, I believe my apartment building should pay me back because they suck. Probably a long shot…?
4. This reminds me….I had the flu last week. It sucked. I had to miss school on Thursday and Friday. Pros: No school, slept for a solid 15 hours on Friday. Cons: I got behind in all of my work, no school and thus I missed my little rascals (to my surprise), I got behind in all of my work (that is worth mentioning twice).
5. Had dinner at Allie’s house tonight…it was pretty tasty. Butternut squash pasta and good company. It was nice to be around a fellow pre-k teacher🙂
7. Only 3 days of teaching this week–woot woot say whattttt???! Thursday= parent-teacher conferences, Friday= professional development. Still got no clue what I am doing for parent-teacher conferences, but oh well.
8. Had to do report cards for all of my kids tonight…weird. Bet you didn’t think pre-k kids would get report cards, huh? Me either.
9. I am officially taking longer than 5 minutes to write–knew that would happen–and I don’t know why my grammar, punctuation, etc has taken on this quite erratic form but I apologize to those of you who are offended.
10.Random fact to know and tell: I’ve been eating a lot of baked potatoes lately. They are delicious.
11. I am sitting randomly in my apartment buildings office…it is 5am…weird.
12. It was my mom’s birthday on the 18th (Happy Birthday again Mommy, I love you!!!) and I got my kids to sing and dance for her and sent it as a video–wish I could post it but unfortunately I am not allowed to post anything with my kids faces on the internet…something about identity theft or kiddie porn? I don’t know…I am just not allowed. But, if I know you (you probably wouldn’t be reading this if I didn’t) email me and I can share the video with you, if you would like. It’s freaking adorable and my kids are obsessed with themselves and with cameras…sounds like me at that age…”Jill, we had to move Meredith and Cristina away from the mirror today…they spent an hour looking at themselves in the mirror.” hahahaha
13. I get my hair done on Tuesday—FINALLY. Gosh do I need it, I just hoped I don’t turn out looking like a country-bumpkin…whoever knows when you are out in the midwest..ha sike (sort of).
14. I have to go finish my work but……..JONNNNNN COMES TO VISIT ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! SOOO EXCITEDDDD!!! WOO HOOOO!!!
15. This is just one for good measure…who wants to end a list on 14? I will try to write again soon…and possibly stick to a limit of 5 minutes next time.
More details to follow…maybe…probably not.
See ya lata aligata,